Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Surprise!

okay, I apologize about the lack of blogging, I just haven't felt like ANYTHING was that exciting (or not exciting) to blog about. Apparently, my sister thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth for doing so!

So, my first married Valentine's Day wasn't quite as bad as I thought it was. As much as people think it's a Hallmark holiday and don't do anything, I definitely consider it important, because it's a friendly reminder to my not so spontaneous husband that he needs to do something unexpected. But rather, it's become pretty expected for me not to expect anything. So, I woke up, put his card and doggie gift out, and waited. And waited. And, he didn't get out of bed until 11:30. So, when he did get up, he saw his card, and immediately left the house (of course because he didn't do anything unexpected!) He came back with flowers and a card! (which are beautiful by the way)



So, I thought that would pretty much be the extent of my Valentine's Day. I knew there were no reservations, no plans etc. I griped about not being able to go anywhere because there would be no way in hell that we would get in and I decided to take a bath and plan on ordering pizza. Eric sneakily called one of my favorite restaurants and got a reservation for 8:00! Seriously- who gets a reservation on VALENTINE'S day at 5:45? Only my husband gets that lucky.

So out we went.... it was very nice, and very romantic. I had delish surf and turf and Eric had veal parm. Yum yum. We shared a heart shaped piece of cheese cake and I waddled my fat but home. I don't know if it could have gotten much better!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am right there with you sister...I was wondering what was going on =)

I am soo glad that you had a good Valentine's Day. What resturant did you go to?

Ashley said...

yay! you're back!
and sounds like on a very good note, too-- what a sweet valentine's treat! i guess the "married" status makes this holiday a little more fun. :)