Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Too Young.... Too Soon

My cousin is battling brain cancer.... for the second time at 26. Although she's a fighter, she's had her "maximum" of radiation the first time she had cancer. Unfortunately, although they removed most of the tumor, there's not much she can do. She's in the hospital now, but her parents are considering moving her to hospice. As far as I know, hospice means... the end. It's so heart-breaking. She's a great person, and a true hero to have even dealt with this once, let alone twice.... and no complaining whatsoever. So, we're waiting. She was in a hospital in VA, where she lives, but her parents had her choppered up here on Monday. I'm going to run over to the hospital tonight to visit. She can't really speak, but she's coherent and alert. I'm going to try real hard to pull it together all day and put on my strong face, because I know she's the one who's strong, not me.

I feel terrible for my mom, who is her godmother, not only because she's losing a god daughter, but she's also losing her best friend. She's so worried that Jenny's mom will never be the same.

There's so much negativity right now, I don't even know how I feel like Christmas is coming. Many of our friends are going through divorce, my grandmother passed, Jenny's sick, it's just a lot all at once. Although I do feel extremely grateful to be alive and healthy, I feel most worried for those who are not in my shoes. I'm going to say my prayers and hope for the best.... because I do believe in miracles.


"Each of my days are miracles. I won't waste my day; I won't throw away miracle. "- Unknown

2 comments:

Christina Schmidt said...

I feel like we are in the same boat with my husband's mother's breast cancer. It is hard but I came to a point the other day after I wrote about it that I realized if I sit around feeling bad I will miss about enjoying our lives together and what if next year something happens I do not get the chance to enjoy another holidays, you know? Look for the little joys around you - it helps!

Hang in there.

Shanny said...

I'm so sorry for Jenny and for all the negativity that you and your family are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.