Christina posted an interesting 2008 Q & A. I thought it may be interesting to review my 2008 since it's my FIRST year blogging!
So here ya go. 2008 in retrospect, 2009 to come:
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Got married! It's not that I didn't think I would do it, but I've never done it before- and I never plan on doing it again (although it was a beautiful day)!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions last year. I wanted to be more organized (especially planning for the wedding) and I wanted to finish my master's degree.
I'm going to try and get rid of the 11 lbs I gained since the wedding- I must admit I completely gave up after the wedding- but I'm getting back on track now!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My co-worker in May, My cousin in August.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grammy passed in October and my cousin passed last week. I hope they're looking down on me now.
5. What countries did you visit?
Ummmmm.... none. We went to Hawaii, but that's still in the US.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A BABY!!!! Now, if I could only work on convincing my husband....
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 26, 2008 at 2:00 pm! I walked down the long marble aisle of St. Patrick Church to tie the knot!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Master's Degree, buying a new house, getting married, all within, eh, six weeks. Yeah, I know, I'm pretty badass.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting myself go after the wedding- but I REALLY needed a break! Something had to give!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Other than this nagging cold for the last 4 weeks on and off, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
No idea.... I'm going to have to side with Christina here and say that Britney was pretty amazing. I loved watching her documentary and seeing that she pulled herself together.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George W.- yeah, he pretty much sucks.
14. Where did most of your money go?
BILLS! Mortgage, wedding, credit cards, etc.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting MARRIED! And my new puppy Sadie!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Michael Jackson- The Way You Make Me Feel or Norah Jones- Come Away With Me. Neither were written in 2008 but they were our wedding songs- one slow, and one fast (it was such a good surprise to our guests to see the hilarious fast dance)!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? HAPPIER
b) thinner or fatter? FATTER
c) richer or poorer? Probably the same financially, but we have more (bigger house, nicer things, etc.)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eat crap, work work work!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve at my sister's house. Christmas morning at my sister's (to watch the kids open presents) Then Christmas at Eric's parents' house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I'm still in love.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Real Housewives of Orange County- I just want to be as pampered as they are!
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Not that I know of....
24. What was the best book you read?
A Pilot's Wife.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I still love Dave- he will always be my favorite.
26. What did you want and get?
A new house!
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I am not really a movie person- I just fall asleep during movies!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went down the shore- went out to eat- my niece made me cupcakes and I got lots of cool wedding related gifts (as it was three weeks before!)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Still pretty boring! I'm pretty conservative at work, but the budget keeps me in check.
32. What kept you sane?
Friends, my sister, my husband
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Good question.... I just like reading the trashy mags.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. Yay Obama!
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Sadie puppy! Dogs count right?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Be thankful for what you have. People always have it worse that you.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I've been waiting for so long
Now I've finally found someone
To stand by me
We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy