Sunday, July 8, 2012

You Ate WHAT?!

After seeing some birthday photos yesterday, I had a little come to Jesus meeting with myself.  Yup, it's time.  I realize I said it was time three weeks ago, and I did sugar detox for four days, and it was HELL!!!!  Ironically, I did feel better health wise, but EVERYTHING has sugar.  To give up sugar completely was VERY hard.  So, I've modified it to an easier version that will work for me.  I have cut out processed sugar.  I REALLY like fruit, and I don't think it's bad to eat natural sugars, so I'm okay with that.  I'm really trying to stay away from refined sugar.  I realize that since sugar is in SO many things, I will not be able to do this completely, but I can stop eating Skittles like it's my job, and cut out the box of chocolate chip cookies.  I can add Stevia when baking instead of white sugar.  There are lots of small changes that will help.  I really want to do this.  REALLY. REALLY. REALLY.  So, being that yesterday was my birthday, I was realistic and knew that it would be pretty damn hard to not have a drink, or a slice of cake.  This morning, I started it right.  

Peach and strawberries for breakfast.
Chicken salad on wheat bread for lunch. 
Grilled chicken with tomatoes, baked potato and one piece of french bread dipped in olive oil for dinner.
And three M&Ms (don't. judge. me.)

Please tell me someone else has thought of this before as the perk to being sick!


I didn't snack all day!  I ate those damn M&Ms when I got back from my run (yup, you heard, I ate right AND ran- who'd of thought?!!?)


Think I can make it two days?  Perhaps- the real test will be if I can make it two days WITHOUT killing my kids!  :)

No... my kid doesn't REALLY wear glasses- she's totally rockin' my four-eyes like she belongs! 

No comments: