Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Update

Well, Easter's come and gone and I haven't updated! Our quick trip to the beach was pretty fun. I ended up not having to work on Saturday because of the rain, so we go to leave a lot earlier than expected, which was very nice. We arrived, spent some time shopping and took a nap! Saturday night, we had our big Easter dinner and relaxed before going out for a few hours. We chose to give the kids their Easter gifts from Eric and I on Saturday night as well because we knew we would have to leave early Sunday to go back to work. Here are some pictures of their reaction to the baskets:



Faith and Hayden at dinner

Hayden getting his basket!


Faith finding Peeps!


My sister Suzie and Faith


On Easter morning Eric and I packed up the dog, went out for a quick breakfast since we knew we wouldn't be around after church and got ready to go. We weren't looking forward to heading back, but it was nice to make it down there! Here's a picture of my niece and nephew on Easter morning before church:

Faith and Hayden on Easter!

So now we're back to the grind. Life as usual. I have been trying in the last couple of months to train for the Broad Street Run, which is ten miles. I have loved training up to this point, but my foot is really bothering me. I had surgery on both my feet for bunions and although the screws from repairing my foot are still in tact, the way that I run on my feet causes a lot pain. I'm still attempting to try, but will have to make a decision about whether or not I can run soon. The race is in two weeks and I am supposed to run my last couple of long runs before then. My podiatrist basically told me that I'm not cut out to be a runner! Ugh, so that's hard.

I did post about a side business I'm interested in starting with slideshows and videos. I'm working on a 30th birthday project for my aunt, who's throwing a surprise party with my cousin's wife for him. I'll be sure to post a link when it's finished!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I love the peeps picture! Aren't children precious? It is so much fun to see the world through their eyes. I am so envious you got to go to the beach for the weekend too.

You have my sympathies on the bunions. I had a bunionectomy about6 years ago too. The screw in my foot used to burn just before storms would roll in.

I hope you get to participate in the race. :D