Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little teary-eyed.

So, during my precious time alone today (also known as naptime), I spent a few minutes on pinterest (cause who doesn't love to put off the 5,000+ things they should be doing?) only to find that a friend had posted a link to this book.  That lead me to this blog.  Be sure you have a few minutes and some tissues around.  Woah.  Kudos to Matt for raising his little Madeline on his own.  But then again, what if you had no choice?  What a horrible scenario.  I'm beginning to think it's time to buy a Kindle so I can read the bazillion books on my reading list (including this one).

Although I love a good cry (those of you who know me know that I HATE to cry in front of people), I always read blogs like this and feel guilty.  I feel guilty that I have it better than others.  I feel guilty that I get caught up in the materialistic views.  I feel guilty that I don't love my kids enough.  I feel guilty that I spend more time at work than at home.  I feel guilty that I don't enjoy life enough.  Every day, I feel like I should live here, instead of here.  There's nothing bad about the big, lavish lifestyle, but I feel like I get caught in the hustle and bustle of it all. 

So- again- I'm stuck- where do we go from here?  How can I practice being grateful, not worrying about money as much, not worrying about THINGS as much?  How can I appreciate my kids more?  That.  May.  Take. Time.    I wish I were more patient!

No comments: